My uncompleted Halo maps - .tgz compressed download.
You may use these meshes however you want. The files are all gmax,
distributed with no textures. All I ask is that if you do use them, you give
credit where it's due. You can see a few screenshots of each by looking into
the following links:
- Carnage - This map served a couple purposes. For one, I used it to learn modelling in gmax. It's not my first map, but it is my first map using gmax. It's also paying homage to one of the best multiplayer maps Myth ever had. It felt right to drive a warthog around that pit in the middle.
- Shafted - With Carnage under my belt, so to speak, I turned my eyes to learning some Halo architecture. It didn't go so swell, but I did try! I wanted a map based on the single player mission of the same name.. a very very vertical team-based map. I got the vertical part down just fine, but turning it into a fun map was significantly more difficult. Someday I may finish it, but for now, this is a "dead" creation.
- Child Endangerment - Fully revealing my fixation on warthogs, I put effort into a map that would totally fixate on driving them around. Think of this as a Hang 'em High with vehicles, or a Light Bridge room with more vertigo.
- Gmax Interior Tutorial - Not a map, but a newbie tutorial for using extrudes to create the interior of a structure.
- Render your gmax files! - Still quite crude and basic but it does work and looks great even at this stage. Tutorial and software to follow as I write the docs up.
I only actually finished one map, this one:
- Mudslide - An experiment in assymetry. I wanted to make a map with two bases that were completely unalike, but also balanced against each other.